Sunday, July 19

Christmas in July

I had heard about Christmas in July twice in my life before this week. The most memorable time was a marathon on Cartoon Network featuring all those incredible shows we only get to see once a year. But this week was madness. Everywhere I went I heard about Christmas while I used sleeveless shirts and short skirts and sunglasses. It's crazy. I can't even start to think of gifts and trees and "snow" (which we don't have here, not even in winter although it does get cold) and reindeers and polar beers and elves.
Coming to think of it, I don't even know how people who live in hot, hot places actually celebrate Christmas. Decorated pine trees at the beach? Fake snow on the windows? How do people in the Southern Hemisphere cope with that holiday schizophrenia that is Christmas during summer?!?!?!?! I've never quite understood it, so I guess I'll have to go to the other side of the equator to find out, or maybe I'll just ask my cousin in Brazil.

So, all this as an unstructured introduction to the Etsybloggers Christmas in July sale which runs until July 31st. My wonderful teammates and me will be having various types of discounts and sales to commemorate this made-up, schizophrenic holiday. From me, you'll get 20% off everything on my shop if you buy before August the 1st. When you buy, you'll get a revised invoice that will reflect the discount.

To check what all the other bloggers are offering go to our awesome team shop, which serves as a list of all participating storefronts: www.etsybloggers.etsy.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails