Sunday, August 23

Yummy Carrot Cake...


I had never baked a cake from scratch. I always used to buy boxed mixes, but then I read somewhere that it isn't actually quicker to do so...
So, the other day, for a friend's birthday I decided to bake him a cake. A carrot cake.

I didn't know what I was doing but the amazing recipe by Nicole from Pinch My Salt sure helped. It turned out great, and it was delicious!!!! I can say it is right in my top 3 of carrot cakes I've ever tasted. Yeah, I'm not being humble about it; I'm really proud.

Although it took a bit longer to cook than what the recipe said, nothing went wrong. I even added another half cup of grated carrot and it was all OK. The cream cheese frosting was absolutely perfect for the cake. I didn't do a double deck cake like the one in the picture but it still looked so beautiful.

I'll definitely make this cake again. I so want to eat it... Bad thing is, my friend kept the rest of the cake.

For the recipe go here. You should definitely try it.

Oh, and the blog where it came from, Pinch My Salt , has a lot of other incredible recipes. I've tried a few and I can say I have never been disappointed.

1 comment:

The Fab Miss B said...

That looks delightful! I may have to give it a go!

Related Posts with Thumbnails